This is the official app to control your bot for the event SmartTouch at Technex'14 the annual techno-management festival of Indian Institute of Technology(BHU)-Varanasi.
Link to the event's page:http://www.technex.in/events/Smart_Touch/
As the event is now concluded here is the arduino sample code to use the app and have fun:
You can follow the link bellow to understand how to use the app and how its sends the data:
This app allows you to connect to your bluetooth module, test its stable connection with module and send X and Y co-ordinates of point of touch on screen when your are connected to your bluetooth module.
What’s in the app:
The app would mainly be having two functions provided to you by two separate windows (i.e. activities).
The app has these menu items in the menu list. Which are as follows:
This would give you a pop-up window with the list of paired Bluetooth devices. And once you touch any one paired device it would try to establish connection with that device.
This would disconnection your smartphone from the already connected Bluetooth device.
3. “Control Bot”
When you are connected to a device it would give full screen Touch Interface for sending the coordinates where your finger touches the screen.
Using the app:
*First of all you need to make sure you have paired the Bluetooth device you wish to get connected to, as the app can connect only to the list of paired devices.
• As the app is started it looks if you have or haven’t enabled Bluetooth on your smartphone. If it’s found disabled you are presented with a request dialogue to enable it, if you reject that request the app automatically exits itself out.
• When the Bluetooth is enabled the first window will show you your connection status and “Test Connection” button on screen.
• For making connection to your Bluetooth device (i.e. Bluetooth module) you need to open the menu list of app and select the option connect. Once you choose that option you will be given pop-out dialog view of the list of paired devices. Select the name of your Bluetooth device to establish connection.
• Once you have established a connection successfully between your smartphone and the module. The mac address and the name of the device you are connected would be displayed on screen.
• Now you could press the “Test Connection” button to see if your module is receiving the data correctly.
• If your connection is working completely fine. Then you can open the touch interface by selecting the “Control Bot” option from the list of menu items.
• Once the touch interface appears on your screen you can calibrate your bot with the corresponding data received through your touch events.
Understanding how the app sends data:
The app send data in form array of byte (i.e. for the geeks byte )
Once you have established a successful connection.
The test button would send the data “#XY”. (Actual data send would be the byte type cast of each character i.e. the ASCII code of the each character)
While you are on the Full screen Touch Interface your screen is supposed to be a 2-D plane divided in 100 units in both the x-direction and y-direction. And the app sends data to corresponding x and y corresponding in the following format.
If the X and Y coordinates of your finger on the screen are respectively 20 and 40.The data send would be three bytes as follows:
1. First byte would be byte having value 101.
2. Second byte would be of value 20 representing the x-coord.
3. Third byte would be of value 40 representing the y-coord.
And you will receive the byte variables
101 (indicating the start),
20 (X-coordinate value) and
40 (Y-coordinate value)
one by one.
You will find this app useful if u seek:
Android controlled robot
Bluetooth Serial Port Profile
For any further query and suggestion regarding the app mail me at:
Smart Touch ControlApp#Technex is a free software application from the System Maintenance subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2014-02-19. The program can be installed on Android.
Smart Touch ControlApp#Technex (version 1.1) has a file size of 350.21 KB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.